Latest How Music Changed Show
How Music Changed Part 143-16
Previous How Music Changed Shows
How Music Changed Part 143-15
How Music Changed Part 143-14
How Music Changed Part 143-13
How Music Changed Part 143-12
episode date - May 4, 2012
As 1966 rolled around, the Beatles insisted on some well deserved and long overdue time off. For three months, they relaxed, hung out with friends, and generally unwound a bit, occasionally touching on the odd idea for a new song or two.
When they would reconvene in April, the material they had amassed bore almost no resemblance to the music they had previously written. It was the dawning of another new age, and once again, the Beatles were the stalwart leaders into a brave new world of music and sound.
This show features the nascent beginnings of the ‘rock’ era. Featured tracks include;
1) Oh Babe, What Would You Say - Norm ‘Hurricane’ Smith
2) Mark 1 (Tomorrow Never Knows) take 1
3) Got to Get You Into My Life (early version)
4) And Your Bird Can Sing (silly version)
5) Taxman (early mix)
6) Eleanor Rigby (string section)
7) I’m Only Sleeping (false start and take 1)
CLICK HERE to listen to the full show!