episode date - November 16, 2011
This is the 3rd show dedicated to album releases from the month of November 1971.
As such, it has become apparent that we will need to dedicate all five of our November shows to this amazingly fruitful period in music history. I have at least one more that can be dedicated to albums, and then I will try to squeeze some of the best single releases into our final show.
Previous months have seen multi-show representation, but it has never taken us five shows to convey an accurate portrait of any given month’s best music releases, which should indicate just how awesome music was in late 1971 (or at least how great I thought it was).
Here are featured tracks;
1) Gotta Get Up – Nilsson (Nilsson Schmilsson)
2) The Moonbeam Song – Nilsson (Nilsson Schmilsson)
3) Jump into the Fire– Nilsson (Nilsson Schmilsson)
4) The Silver Tongued Devil and I – Kris Kristofferson
5) Loving Her Was Easier… – Kris Kristofferson
6) Everybody Loves You Now - Billy Joel (Cold Spring Harbor)
7) Stones – Neil Diamond (Stones)
8) Slippin’ into Darkness – War (All Day Music)
9) Pictures of Lily – The Who (Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy)
10) Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere – The Who (Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy)
11) I’m a Boy – The Who (Meaty Beaty Big and Bouncy)
12) The Musical Box – Genesis (Nursery Crime)
CLICK HERE to listen to the full show!