episode date - November 25, 2009
Maybe it’s the difficult years when we have the best chance to reflect on all of the things that we really have to be thankful for. 2009 was not an easy year for an awful lot of people, but when I reflect on my family, my friends, my band, and even this radio show, I recognize that I’m a pretty lucky guy, so why do I spend so much of my energy worrying about everything?
This Thanksgiving, I want to make a serious effort to relax my mind, and give thanks to all of the people who make my life easier and distract me from my own negativity. I’m truly grateful for my friends and my family, and that applies to the personnel here at WHPC, and it especially applies to the listeners who give me a reason to be here at all.
So, in all sincerity, thank you very much for spending some time with Heidy and me, and I hope that in some small way, we manage to return the favor. These songs are for you.
1) Be Thankful for What You Got – William DeVaughn
2) Now Be Thankful – Fairport Convention
3) Thanks a Million – Louis Armstrong
4) Thank You – Led Zeppelin
5) Thanks to You – Emmylou Harris
6) Thank You- Dido
7) I Wanna Thank You Baby – Delbert McClinton
9) Thank You, Girl - The Beatles
10) Thank You - Solomon Burke
11) Thank You and Goodnight – The Angels
12) Thanksgiving Day – Ray Davies
13) Thank You - Charlatans UK
CLICK HERE to listen to the full show!