The Time Was 1973
The Time Was Fall 1973
episode date - April 3, 2006
Aired: March 28, 2006
Here’s something that I don’t get to do too often. Since our show focuses on over fifty years of music history, we rarely get to play stuff that is brand spanking new, but this week is different. I missed last week’s show for business reasons and in our absence, engineer Mike Tietjen did an admirable job of covering for me and Heidy. Mike handled the show by playing a combination of personal favorites and contemporary tracks, and it inspired me to do something similar.
Recently, we completed a cycle of shows that brought us up to the present, so before reverting back for another cycle, I figured I’d follow Mike’s lead and do one more show on a few of the new releases that are making an impression on me.
Next week, we ‘re gonna cover music from 1957, but for now, here’s a few tracks from some very compelling new releases. As you may be able to tell, we had a great time while broadcasting this show. Hope you enjoy it
Here’s a list of songs that we play for this show…
1) ROLY POLY – THE LITTLE WILLIES
2) CELL PHONES RINGING IN THE POCKETS OF THE DEAD – WILLIE NILE
3) GRAVITY’S GONE – THE DRIVE-BY TRUCKERS
4) MAS QUE NADA – SERGIO MENDES
5) ALL SHE WROTE – RAY DAVIES
6) KING WITHOUT A CROWN – MATISYAHU
7) RIOT VAN – THE ARCTIC MONKEYS
8) THINGS YOU DO TO ME – HANK WILLIAMS III
9) YEAH YEAH YEAH SONG – THE FLAMING LIPS
10) FEARLESS – AMBULANCE LTD.